Rich focuses his practice on commercial real estate. Over the course of his career, Rich has assisted clients with the negotiation of leases covering millions of square feet of medical, retail, office and industrial space.
Rich often represents landlords and tenants in the negotiation of complex leases, including leases for ambulatory surgery centers and other medical facilities. He also represents clients in acquisition, disposition and development matters, and he frequently assists clients with the real estate aspects of private equity-backed transactions.
During the course of the Covid-19 pandemic, Rich helped many clients find creative solutions to various rent payment and lease structure issues.
Rich received his law degree from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law, where he was a senior copy editor for the Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal. He earned a bachelor’s degree in political science from Davidson College, where he graduated with Honors and was a member of the Davidson football team.
- Represented developer in negotiation of lease for 60,000 sqft of new, build-to-suit medical office building with specialized surgery center space.
- Represented Fortune 300 company in negotiation of lease for 750,000 sqft of office space.
- Represented buyer in acquisition of over ninety (90) health care facilities and related rights.
- Represented tenant in the negotiation of several leases for new ambulatory surgery centers in multiple states.
- Represented regional grocery chain in negotiation of numerous anchor leases and related matters.
- Represented seller in the sale of its portfolio of live-in health care facilities in multiple states.
- Represented landlord in negotiation of lease for 40,000 sqft of ground-up, luxury retail space.
- Represented developer in negotiation of build-to-suit lease for refurbished medical office building containing multiple specialties.
- Represented Fortune 150 company in office leasing matters.
- Represented landlord in negotiation of various restaurant and retail leases in 160,000 sqft high-end shopping center development.
- Represented national retail and restaurant chains in negotiation of leases for shopping center and street locations.
- Represented various retailers in the negotiation of showroom leases.
University of Southern California Gould School of LawJD
Senior Copy Editor, Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal2015
Davidson CollegeBAPolitical Science
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law, 2021-2024
- Author, Location, Location, Location — Strategic Real Estate Considerations for Senior Living Communities, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 30, 2023
- Author, "Doubling Down in Non-Market Economies: The Inequitable Application of Trade Remedies Against China and the Case for A New WTO Institution", Southern California Interdisciplinary Law Journal, 2014
- North Carolina