Beth’s practice focuses on restructuring and insolvency and commercial litigation, including corporate bankruptcy proceedings and other creditors’ rights issues.
She served as law clerk to the Honorable Kevin R. Huennekens, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- Representation of student loan servicer as national outside counsel in putative class action and individual dischargeability lawsuits.
- Representation of automotive manufacturer in Takata insolvency proceedings (D. Del.).
- Representation of E&P contract counterparty in Linn Energy chapter 11 and related adversary proceeding (S.D. Tex.)
- Representation of global data and measurement company as contract counterparty in multiple chapter 11 cases in various jurisdictions across the
- Representation of global agricultural corporation on bankruptcy-related defenses in individual private nuisance litigation.
- Representation of corporate director and officer in chapter 11 case of medical diagnostic testing laboratory.
- Representation of debtor-in-possession lenders in E.D. Va. bankruptcy cases of Patriot Coal Corp., Alpha Natural Resources, Penn Virginia Corp., and Gymboree Corp.
- Representation of senior secured lenders in connection with single-asset real estate bankruptcy case of hotel debtor.
- Representation of Section 363 purchaser of newspaper and radio assets of multimedia debtor.
- Representation of automotive manufacturer in asbestos bankruptcy litigation.
- Representation of gasket company in asbestos bankruptcy and RICO litigation.
- Representation of AMF Bowling Worldwide, Inc. and fifteen of its affiliates as Chapter 11 debtors.
- Representation of reorganized debtor and Chapter 11 plan administrator in In re ASARCO LLC in various post-confirmation litigation matters, including appeals, environmental litigation, and governmental mining audits.
- National bankruptcy counsel for leading financial institution regarding mortgage, servicing, and loss mitigation matters.
- Representation of various shareholders, broker-dealers, employee benefit plans, and other institutions in the defense of billions of dollars in fraudulent transfer claims in multidistrict litigation arising out of the Tribune leveraged buy-out and subsequent Chapter 11 case.
- Representation of international manufacturer as administrative claimant and defendant in adversary proceeding in Chapter 11 case.
- Representation of national bank as secured lender in out-of-court restructuring of hotel and golf course.
- Representation of municipal housing authority in connection with landlord-tenant issues in bankruptcy cases.
University of Richmond School of LawJD
cum laude, Manuscripts Editor, University of Richmond Law Review2008
Georgia Institute of TechnologyBS
magna cum laude2004
Newsletter Committee, Bankruptcy Law Section, Virginia State Bar
Nominating Committee, Bankruptcy Section, Richmond Bar Association
Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
Member, Lewis F. Powell, Jr., American Inn of Court
Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- Panelist, Adapting, Preparing and Succeeding in Virtual Litigation in a COVID-19 World, December 17, 2020
- Speaker, "Moonlighting as Bankruptcy and Workout Attorney", Bankruptcy Webinar Series: Moonlighting as Bankruptcy and Workout Attorney, LexisNexis, June 29 & 30, 2020
- Hon. Kevin R. Huennekens, U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2008-2009
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, 2018-2024; Litigation – Bankruptcy, 2020-2024; Woodward/White, Inc.
Selected as an “Emerging Leader“, The M&A Advisor, 2019
Named to “Virginia Rising Stars,” Bankruptcy: Business, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2013-2018
Selected for Inclusion in “Virginia’s Legal Elite,” Bankruptcy/Creditors’ Rights, Virginia Business, 2017
- Co-author, Annual Survey: Bankruptcy Law, 47 U. RICH. L. REV. 51, 2012
- Co-author, "Damages Control: How to Use Nonbankruptcy Claims Facilities to Resolve Mass Tort Liabilities", Corporate Counsel, March 2011
- Co-author, "Substantial Contribution Claims", The Bankruptcy Strategist, December 2010
- Co-author, Annual Survey: Bankruptcy Law, 44 U. RICH. L. REV. 201, 2009