Noriya focuses her practice on representing corporate defendants in a wide variety of mass tort and product liability matters.
While earning her law degree, Noriya was involved in advocacy competitions. In 2019, Noriya was the winner of the John W. Davis Moot Court Competition, the winner of the Robert J. Grey Negotiations Competition, and the Runner-Up of the Washington and Lee School of Law Mock Trial Competition. In 2020, Noriya was named Regional Champion of the Mid-Atlantic Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition and received the Best Mid-Atlantic Oral Advocate Award. In 2021, Noriya was again named Regional Champion of the Mid-Atlantic Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition and received the Best Mid-Atlantic Petitioner Brief Award. Noriya also participated in the 2021 National Thurgood Marshall Moot Court Competition where she received the Best National Oral Advocate Award and the Best National Petitioner Brief Award.
At her law school commencement, Noriya received the A.H. McLeod-Ross Malone Oral Advocacy Award, a distinction in oral advocacy given to one graduating student. Noriya also received the Randall P. Bezanson Award for outstanding contribution to diversity in the life of the law school community, and the Professionalism and Service Award for significant contribution of public service in the community.
Washington and Lee University School of LawJD
Minot State UniversityBSCriminal Justice, minor in International Business
magna cum laude2017
Member, Omicron Delta Kappa
Member, Appellate Practice Section, The Virginia Bar Association
Member, Fit4Kids Young Professionals’ Board
Member, Washington & Lee Law Young Alumni Council
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
Named to “Top 40 Under 40: Virginia,” The National Black Lawyers, 2023
Named to “Top 40 Under 40: Virginia,” The National Black Lawyers, 2022
- Author, All Employers Must Use Revised Form I-9, Starting Nov. 1, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 31, 2023
- Author, Sovereign Immunity Available in Virginia Human Rights Act Cases, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 4, 2023
- Author, Homeland Security Provides New Flexible Option for Remote Form I-9 Document Inspection, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 25, 2023
- Author, Virginia Court Holds School Board Immune Virginia Human Rights Act Claims, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, June 27, 2023
- Author, DHS to End Remote I-9 Inspection Temporary Flexibility on July 31, 2023, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 10, 2023
- Author, Tenure Elimination Gains Traction in Texas, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 9, 2023
- Author, Ohio Supreme Court: Insurance Policy Does Not Cover Ransomware Attack on Software, Pro Policyholder, January 12, 2023
- Author, Remote Form I-9 Inspection of Employee Documents Likely to Become Permanent Option, Subject to Inquiry, August 25, 2022
- Author, Re-Evaluating Bifurcated Discovery in Class Actions After a Recent Seventh Circuit Decision, Class Action Countermeasures, December 29, 2021