Laughlin is a member of the firm’s complex commercial litigation team and assists individual and corporate clients in a variety of securities, financial services, and other business litigation matters.
Laughlin has experience defending corporate, insurance, and non-profit clients in all phases of complex multi-party litigation, including drafting and arguing dispositive motions, conducting and managing discovery, taking and defending depositions, participating in mediation, and trial preparation.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Laughlin practiced as an attorney at an Atlanta-based law firm and focused her practice on healthcare litigation and general civil litigation.
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Georgia
- Author, Financial Institutions and Bank Directors and Officers in the Crosshairs – Are Their Insurance Policies Really Primed and Ready?, Pro Policyholder, March 17, 2023
- Author, In a Hard Global Insurance Market, Will Insurers Cover Political Risk Insurance Claims?, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 19, 2022
- Contributing Author, “Chapter 12: Jurisdiction and Venue", Infectious Disease Litigation: Science, Law & Procedure, February 2021
The University of Georgia School of LawJD
Wake Forest UniversityBAMathematics, minor in Spanish and Secondary Education
summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa2012
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Commercial Litigation, 2021-2024; Litigation Securities, 2024; Woodward/White, Inc.