Alice is an associate in the firm’s labor and employment department. She is experienced with counselling clients on compliance with a variety of local, state, and federal employment laws, with a focus on reputational risk management.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Alice practiced as an in house counsel at a large financial institution. In that role, Alice counseled her internal clients on a myriad of employment matters, including ADA accommodations, employee disciplines and/or terminations, and policies regarding emerging employment laws across the United States. Having previously worked in-house, Alice is intimately familiar with the needs of the firm’s corporate clients and uses this experience to offer practical solutions and guidance.
- Duke University School of LawJD2019
- The London School of Economics and Political ScienceMScCriminal Justice Policy2016
- Sarah Lawrence CollegeBLA2015
Awarded, Richard Titmuss Prize, Best Dissertation in the Criminal Justice Policy Department, London School of Economics, 2016
- Co-presenter, "AI and the Future of Law: Embracing the Ethical and Practical Implications", HBA Litigation Section, Virtual Litigation Section, December 5, 2023
- North Carolina
- Author, Employer Alert: Resolution of AI-Focused Writers’ Strike Sets Precedent in Hollywood and Beyond, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, September 29, 2023
- Author, Employers Beware: AI Tools May Lead to Labor Force Friction and Strikes, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 28, 2023
- Author, EEOC Issues Guidance on Artificial Intelligence Hiring Tools, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 23, 2023