Dixon represents clients in a wide range of substantive areas, including water and air pollution, solid and hazardous waste, chemical regulation, environmental remediation, and occupational safety and health. He has guided clients through an array of federal and state environmental enforcement and administrative matters, including civil penalties, permitting challenges, criminal grand jury investigations, and citizen suits. Further, Dixon has advised highly regulated clients in a variety of transactional matters, including contract negotiations, due diligence, and business disputes.
Dixon’s experience includes serving as the direct line of communication with federal, state, and local officials; conducting internal investigations and interviews; taking and defending expert and fact witness depositions; drafting and arguing dispositive motions; drafting appellate briefs; and managing extensive written and document discovery projects. He also has extensive experience preparing witnesses to provide testimony or statements to grand juries, courts, regulators, and administrative bodies.
Before joining McGuireWoods LLP as an associate, Dixon was a summer associate and law clerk. He also served as a summer clerk for Judge Henry E. Hudson of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
Campbell University, Norman Adrian Wiggins School of LawJD
- Washington and Lee UniversityBAEnglish Literature2010
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
Member, Wake County Bar Association
Volunteer and Member, Greater Carolina’s Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Leaders Circle
- Author, SCOTUS Wetlands Ruling Significantly Reduces Federal Jurisdiction Under Clean Water Act, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 26, 2023
- Author, State Environmental Enforcement Policies During COVID-19 and Response to EPA “Discretion” Policy, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, April 2, 2020
- Author, What to Expect in Environmental Regulation for 2019, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 4, 2019
- Author, What to Expect in Environmental Regulation for 2018, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 31, 2018
- North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Named an “Associate to Watch,” America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Environment, North Carolina, Chambers USA, 2022, 2023
- Hon. Henry Hudson, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2012