Eleven McGuireWoods lawyers have been selected by peers across the state for inclusion on Business North Carolina‘s 2021 Legal Elite list. Firm lawyers honored on the list span McGuireWoods’ corporate, litigation and regulatory practices in its Charlotte and Raleigh offices. In addition, four of the firm’s lawyers have earned Legal Elite Hall of Fame honors for being the top vote-getters in their respective practice areas in previous years.
Since 2002, Business North Carolina has published a list of the state’s top lawyers in 16 business-related categories based on ballots cast by members of the North Carolina State Bar.
Legal Elite honorees include the following McGuireWoods lawyers.
- Andrea C. Chomakos, Tax & Estate Planning
- Alec Covington, Young Guns (lawyers under 40)
- Amanda K. Cutler, Litigation
- Porter Durham III, Young Guns (lawyers under 40)
- David A. Franchina, Environmental
- Bradley R. Kutrow, Litigation
- John G. McDonald, Employment
- Scott P. Vaughn, Bankruptcy
- Anne E. Croteau, Business
- Kristen M. Kirby, Young Guns (lawyers under 40)
- Henry L. Kitchin Jr., Litigation
Raleigh partners Jean Gordon Carter (Tax & Estate Planning), Charles D. Case (Environmental) and Michael F. Easley Jr. (Young Guns) became members of the Hall of Fame for being the top vote-getters in their practice areas in previous years. Kitchin, who practices in Raleigh and Wilmington, is a Hall of Famer in the Antitrust category for receiving the most votes from his peers in 2019.