Caroline’s practice primarily involves negotiating mergers, acquisitions, and investment transactions, including private offerings of equity securities, growth equity investments, mergers, equity and asset acquisitions and sales, divestitures, and recapitalizations.
Caroline works with her clients from beginning to end, providing counsel on transaction structure, drafting and negotiating acquisition and organizational documents, analyzing due diligence findings and inherent risk, and guiding clients toward a successful closing.
Caroline represents a variety of clients, including private equity and investment firms, healthcare practices, financial service providers, manufacturers, distributors, and software and technology service companies.
Prior to joining McGuireWoods, Caroline was an associate in the corporate group of a large southeastern law firm. While in law school, Caroline served as a summer clerk for the Honorable John A. Gibney in the Eastern District of Virginia. Caroline also served as editor-in-chief of the Virginia Tax Review. Prior to her legal career, Caroline was a professional fundraiser for various federal, state, and local political candidates and committees.
- Represented an independent sponsor in its acquisition of a distributor of novelty goods in the amusement and family entertainment industry.
- Represented TTG Imaging Solutions, a leading provider of medical imaging equipment and related services, in various transactions, including its acquisitions of Digirad Health, Inc. and Advanced Nuclear Consultants.
- Represented a regional primary health care provider in its acquisition of a multi-site primary health care provider.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the acquisition of a concrete paver manufacturer.
- Represented National Partners in Healthcare, a portfolio company of Assured Healthcare Partners, in its acquisition of Western Oklahoma Anesthesia Consultants.
- Represented a private equity sponsor in the acquisition of a foam fabrication company.
- Represented a private investment firm in its investment in a leading tech-enabled manufacturer of custom photo frames.
- Represented Hollandia Produce Group, an employee-owned and operated agricultural business specializing in hydroponically greenhouse grown vegetables and a portfolio company of Mosaic Capital Partners, in its sale to Local Bounti Corp. (NYSE: LOCL), a premier controlled environment agriculture company redefining conversion efficiency and environmental, social and governance standards for indoor agriculture.
- Represented Revelstoke Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, in its investment in ClareMedica Health Partners, LLC, a leader in value-based primary care.
- Represented Vet’s Best Friend, an operator of general practice veterinary clinics and hospital and a portfolio company of Revelstoke Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, in its sale to Rarebreed Veterinary, the industry-leading operator of veterinary practices.
- Represented Amazing Care Home Health Services, a Colorado-based home health services company and a portfolio company of 3 Rivers Capital, in its sale to Bow River Capital Partners, a private equity firm.
- Represented Revelstoke Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, in its acquisition of HealthAxis, a provider of core administrative procession solutions, advanced analytics and tech-forward services to healthcare payors.
- Represented Revelstoke Capital Partners, a Denver-based private equity firm, in its recapitalization of Crossroads Treatment Centers, a leading behavioral health provider.
- Represented a publicly traded commercial real estate services provider in connection with strategic acquisitions, including telecommunications and network infrastructure advisory services firm and an investment bank.
- Represented a leading sponsor-backed optometry management company in numerous acquisitions and optometry management relationships.
- Represented a platform business providing professional educational services in add-on acquisitions and related transactional matters.
- Represented a leading lender in the healthcare industry in obtaining an equity investment from a national bank.
- Represented a food producer and processer In an equity sale to a private equity firm.
- Represented a growth equity firm in its investment in a software company providing products to health systems and patient practices.
- Represented an engineering and consulting portfolio company in the acquisition of a security risk management company.
- Represented a beverage manufacturing and distribution company in a series of related-party asset acquisitions expanding the client’s footprint on the East Coast.
- Represented a veterinary medicine management company in numerous practice acquisitions in the Mid-Atlantic and in the ultimate sale of the company to a private equity firm.
- Represented a SaaS startup in equity and investment matter and ongoing corporate governance.
- Represented equity owners of a furniture design and manufacturing business, in connection with sale to, and rollover investment in, an existing portfolio company of a private equity firm.
University of Virginia School of LawJD
Editor-in-Chief, Virginia Tax Review2014
Virginia Commonwealth UniversityBA
Member, Charlotte Women Attorneys
Member, Mecklenburg County Bar
Member, North Carolina Bar Association
Member, Various Committees, Women’s Impact Fund, 2015-2019
Member, Finance Committee, Simmons YMCA Board of Managers, 2015-2017
Volunteer Mentor, Bruce Irons Camp Fund, 2015-2019
- Author, Women in PE to Know: Elizabeth Weindruch, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 22, 2023
- North Carolina
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Named to “Ones to Watch,” Corporate Governance and Compliance Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-2024; Corporate Law, 2024; Best Lawyers in America
Named to “North Carolina Rising Stars,” Mergers & Acquisitions, Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2022, 2023
- Hon. John A. Gibney, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, 2012