Allie focuses on advising employers on the legal aspects of employee benefit and executive compensation matters arising under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.
She counsels a variety of public and private companies with respect to qualified retirement plans, non-qualified deferred compensation arrangements and other benefit programs. She also assists with a variety of interdisciplinary practice areas that are affected by employee benefits and executive compensation laws.
Before joining McGuireWoods, Allie served as lead trial paralegal for a litigation firm in Raleigh, North Carolina. Allie received her undergraduate degree from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and her Juris Doctorate from The University of North Carolina School of Law. While attending law school on a Smith/Shaver Merit Scholarship, she participated as a staff member for the North Carolina Law Review.
- North Carolina
- Speaker, "Excess Benefit Transactions/Senior Leadership Compensation Structures", 19th Annual Nonprofit Seminar, Charlotte, September – October 2022
- Speaker, Tax Reform Impact on Employee Benefits of Tax-Exempt Organizations Webinar, April 2, 2019
- Speaker, Employee Benefits in the Age of Trump, September 21, 2017
The University of North Carolina School of LawJD
with Honors, Staff Member, North Carolina Law Review2014
The University of North Carolina at Chapel HillBSPsychology
The rules of professional conduct in some jurisdictions require disclosure of selection methodology for certain public accolades and recognitions. Click here to view available selection methodologies.
Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021-2024
for inclusion in “Legal 500 United States,” Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Retirement Plans: Design 2022, 2023; Employee benefits, executive compensation and retirement plans: transactional, 2023
Selected for inclusion, Associates to Watch, 2021; America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, 2022, 2023; Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation, North Carolina, Chambers USA
- Author, New SEC Guidance: Pay-Versus-Performance Disclosures in Upcoming Proxy Statement Filings, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 15, 2023
- Author, SEC’s Final Clawback Rule — A Presentation Resource, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 27, 2022
- Author, SEC’s Final Pay for Performance Regulations – A Presentation Resource, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, August 30, 2022
- Author, Women in PE to Know: Beth Rahn, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 17, 2020
- Author, The New Tax Rules for Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, December 29, 2017
- Author, IRS Updates Correction Program for Retirement Plans, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, October 7, 2016
- Author, Major Changes in IRS Determination Letter Program Take Effect in 2017, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 20, 2016
- Author, Dodd-Frank Act Section 956: European-Style Compensation Reforms Coming to a Bank Near You, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 17, 2016
- Author, IRS Proposes Nondiscrimination Testing Relief for Closed Pension Plans, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, February 29, 2016
- Author, IRS Moving Forward with Changes to Determination Letter Program, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, January 11, 2016
- Author, New FAQs on Preventive Services, Wellness Program Rewards and Mental Health and Substance Use Treatment, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, November 4, 2015
- Co-author, "IRS To Significantly Trim Determination Letter Program", July 28, 2015
- Author, IRS Determination Letter Program for Qualified Retirement Plans to Be Significantly Curtailed, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, July 23, 2015
- Author, New FAQs Regarding Preventive Services Under Healthcare Reform, McGuireWoods Legal Alert, May 15, 2015